Monday, July 7, 2008

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream Cake!






I have had my handy dandy Ice Cream cake pan for over 2 years now. Every once in awhile I remember that I have it, think that it would be nice to try out, and then completely forget about it. Well today I finally did it. Yum. Ice cream. Cake. What could be bad about it? Here are some tips that I learned if anyone wants to try to make one:

1) I used a Betty Crocker pan. I think it would be really hard to do without the right tools.

2) Cool the cake COMPLETELY before adding ice cream. You are reading this and thinking, "Duh!". But you would not have done it if your mouth was watering. Just be honest.

3) Fill the cake with soft ice cream. Put it back in the freezer before you add the bottom layer.

4) Read the directions BEFORE you start.

5) Don't let the kids see it, because then you will have to share:)

No comments: